Wednesday, May 4, 2011

getting a little easier with this diet change....

We are starting to find our own schedule to this diet change.  Its hard though, to change your ENTIRE WAY of eating!  Some recent meals were:

Meatza (ground beef, pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni and some peppers and mushroom on one) with lots of salad, peppers, tomatoes and avacodo on the side, and apples.

Taco salad (ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, minimal tortilla chips-corn is ok in small amounts on this diet change-, sour cream) with apples and oranges as dessert.

Steak and corn on cob (corn is ok in SMALL amounts, corn counts as our fruit for dinner, since its a large ear of corn each and it has a LOT of sugar), salad.

String cheese, ham, kiwi and peppers.

Just a couple sample meals as of lately.  Doug is of course the worst lately, he bought a big thing of grape juice and said he is going to have one glass a day....he does not get why grapes and grape juice are any different, no matter how much I try to explain it!!!  I told him he better hide it bc if the kids see it, they will make it disappear quickly!  They have been doing really good drinking lots of water and some milk.

Doug and I did a weigh in this week.  He lost 5 lbs, I lost about the same.  But its the first week and the first week is always impressive.  I am keeping a close eye on the kids weights to make sure they don't start losing.  As for behavior, we certainly had some much more laid back days, but then went to a picnic a couple days ago and my dad (who is having an issue with the limiting of carbs) bought the kids rolls and cake for that party and then flipped out when I told him that kids couldn't have it, saying that kids need carbs, blah blah blah.  I didn't want to ruin the whole party fighting about it, so I let the kids have it, so we are pretty much starting over again these last few days.  Very frustruating.  Grrrrrr. I need to be a stronger person...but truthfully I am just sick of fighting everyone about EVERYTHING in my life.  If its not one thing we are doing wrong in/with ourl lives, its another.  *sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment